SIOUX FALLS, SD - The South Dakota Rock and Roll Music Association (SDRRMA) is proud to announce the 2023 inductees for the South Dakota Rock & Rollers Hall of Fame. These individuals and groups have made a significant impact on the history of rock and roll in South Dakota and are set to be honored at the 14th annual induction ceremony to be held on Saturday, September 30th.
This year's event is especially exciting as it will be held for the first time at the South Dakota Military Heritage Alliance, a venue that boasts top-of-the-line concert facilities and honors our veterans. The new location is a testament to the talented Hall of Fame bands who will be performing live at what many consider to be the biggest music event of the year.
- Bands: KORY and the FIREFLIES, Hot Rod Chevy Kevy, Crank, Starchild, Free Flite, Geoffrey BC
- Lifetime Achievement: Jimmy Goings
- Spirit of the Music: Randall Zwarte, Terry French, Gordon Bird
- Promoter: Terry Taylor
- DJ: Jeff Harkness on the B102.7
- Music Stores: Linder Music
- Radio Station: KAUR (Augustana)
- Special Recognition: Tempest Magazine
In addition, the SDRRMA is thrilled to bring back the 3rd Annual Battle of the Bands, which will take place the night before the induction ceremony on September 29th. This event is designed to nurture future rock and rollers from across the state and is open to youth rock bands. Interested participants can find more information on how to sign up here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION