BATTLE OF THE BANDS RULES & REGULATIONS
SDRRMA BATTLE OF THE BANDS
RULES & REGULATIONS
BAND REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
The South Dakota Rock and Roll Music Association will host the 2021 Youth Battle of the Bands as part of the annual South Dakota Rock and Rollers Hall of Fame induction, scheduled for Friday, September 24 through Saturday, September 25, 2021. This is an opportunity for state-wide youth musicians who want to share their passion for creating and performing music live on stage.Who Can Enter
This competition is open to all 7th – 12th grade musicians that form a rock group outside of school. All band members must be attending a South Dakota public, private, charter, virtual or home school during the 2021 school year. No out-of-State bands will be eligible to enter. Genres can include Rock, Hard Rock, Rockabilly, Heavy Metal, Rhythm and Blues, Indie Rock, Pop Rock.Performance Stage & Equipment
SDRRMA will provide a professional stage, sound system and lighting system. Bands may use their own guitars, keyboards, percussion equipment (excluding drum sets) and amplifiers. SDRRMA will provide a “house” drum kit to be used by all participating bands.
• There is no cost to register a band.
• All interested bands must complete the application and submit a video of one (1) song, cover or original, no longer than 5 minutes.
• Videos must be uploaded to YouTube.com to be be accessed by SDRRMA. Video link must be included in application. Applications without a video will not be considered.
• There is no limit to the number of bands who wish to apply for the competition and all submitted demos will be fairly judged to determine finalists.
• Deadline for registration is June 30, 2021.
A final selection of 6 bands will be announced on or before August 31, 2021. Finalists chosen will be notified by email. Bands selected as finalists will be invited to appear at the “Battle of the Bands” competition at the Ramkota Exhibit Hall on Friday, September 24, 2021. Showtime is 7pm-10pm and is open to the public. Each band must perform a minimum of 3 songs, originals or covers. Each performance set must not exceed 20 minutes. All finalist bands are responsible for their own travel arrangements and expenses. Each member from the six finalist band will receive two complimentary tickets for the Battle of the Bands Competition. Each member of the first place winning band will also receive two complimentary tickets for the Saturday South Dakota Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction event. Finalist bands will also receive a commemorative “Battle Of The Bands” plaque.PRIZES
There will be a total of 3 winners:
• First Place: $1,000 in prize money and Opens the Saturday Hall of Fame induction Show*
• Second Place: $500 in prize money
• Third Place: $250 in prize money
*First Place winner will be invited to be the opening act at the annual SD Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction event on Saturday, September 25th at the Ramkota Exhibit Hall in Sioux Falls.
Please submit all questions through the “Contact
” form on the South Dakota Rock and Roll Association website.